Combining two established concepts has led to a revolutionary daytime therapy
Combining the two research areas introduces a new approach to sleep disturbance: NMES applied to the tongue as a patient friendly daytime therapy helping solve a root problem of sleep apnea and snoring.
The clinical story to eXciteOSA started in 2018. Watch the video for more on the science behind eXciteOSA. To learn more, feel free to contact us directly. Or, to understand how eXciteOSA may help you, click on our Consult a Physician and we will direct you to a local expert or a physician online.
Clinically Proven Daytime Therapy
Multiple studies demonstrate efficacy across a broad group of patients4-5
The clinical evidence on eXciteOSA® shows an improvement in quality of sleep by reducing snoring and sleep apnea when used for 20 minutes, once a day for 6 weeks 4-5
achieved reduction in
objective OSA measures5
reduction of their partners
reduction in objectively-measured snoring time4
Trusted by Experts
Backed by leading sleep specialists
“I have been positively encouraged and impressed with the early results in patients with snoring and mild sleep apnoea.”
- Consultant Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeon
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital, London, UK
“Patients wish there was an alternative non-invasive solution that was not used nocturnally. I am very excited to finally offer them this solution.”
- Haywood Regional Medical Center, NC, USA
“We believe that eXciteOSA therapy will be able to help many patients in the near future.”
- Specialist in ORL at Dr. Peset University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
- Expert in Sleep Medicine
- President of the Commission on Roncopathy and Sleep Apnoea of the Spanish Society of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
“I am optimistic that this treatment will be an important treatment approach for patients with with mild sleep apnea and snoring.”
- M.D. Research Chief, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
- Peter C. Farrell Presidential Chair and Professor in Respiratory Medicine
- Former President, American Thoracic Society 2015- 2016
“What is truly revolutionary is that this device actually trains the muscles that go slack and cause snoring.”
- Sleep Dentist
- London, UK
“This device is unique as it is worn briefly during the day and thus no interference with sleep. There is no other product on the market like eXciteOSA®.”
- Norton Pulmonary Specialists, KY, USA
“A new treatment I feel enthusiastic about is eXciteOSA®. I have recommended patients who snore or have mild sleep apnoea to try it.”
- Consultant in Sleep Medicine
- Professor of Sleep Medicine
- Eckert DJ, Lo YL, Saboisky JP, Jordan AS, White DP, Malhotra A. Sensorimotor function of the upper-airway muscles and respiratory sensory processing in untreated obstructive sleep apnea. J Appl Physiol 2011;111(6):1644-1653.
- Nuhr M, Crevenna R, Gohlsch B, Bittner C, Pleiner J, Wiesinger G, Fialka-Moser V, Quittan M, Pette D. Functional and biochemical properties of chronically stimulated human skeletal muscle. Eur J Appl Physiol 2003;89:202-208
- Gondin J, Brocca L, Bellinzona E, D’Antona G, Maffiuletti NA, Miotti D, Pellegrino MA, Bottinelli R. Neuromuscular electrical stimulation training induces atypical adaptations of the human skeletal muscle phenotype: a functional and proteomic analysis. J Appl Physiol 2011;110:433-450.
- Baptista PM, Martinez Ruiz de Apodaca P, Carrasco M, Fernandez S, Wong PY, Zhang H, Hassaan A, Kotecha B. Daytime neuromuscular electrical therapy of tongue muscles in improving snoring in individuals with primary snoring and mild obstructive sleep apnea. J Clin Med 2021;10(9):1-11.
- Nokes B, Baptista PM, Martínez Ruiz de Apodaca P, Carrasco-Llatas M, Fernandez S, Kotecha B, Wong PY, Zhang H, Hassaan A, Malhotra A. Transoral awake state neuromuscular therapy for mild obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep Breath [accepted; in-press].